1. Midtown Beach Music Series: The Beach Music Series at North Hills in Raleigh NC has become a favorite Thursday night activity for people from around the state! Every Thursday night of the summer, North Hills has a concert by different beach bands from 6-9pm. The event is free to attend.
2. Movies by Moonlight: For just $3 (kids under 12 are free), you can bring a blanket or chair as the spacious lawn at Booth Amphitheatre is transformed in to an outdoor movie theatre. A portion of the Movies By Moonlight proceeds will benefit the WakeMed Children’s Hospital. Movie starts at dusk and the gates open at 7pm. You can also bring a picnic into the theatre! Movies are shown many Friday and Saturday nights during the summer.
3. Wind Down Wednesdays: Waverly Place in Cary NC hosts a beach music festival every Wednesday night from 6-9pm. This event is free to attend. They also have many food and beverage stations available at the event! Coolers are not allowed, though. Bring your family (including the dogs!) to enjoy this mid-week festival.
4. Summer Movies at NC Museum of Art: The North Carolina Museum of Art plays movies outside during many weekends of the summer! Admission is free with Museum membership, and parking is free for everyone! Many people take picnics and enjoy dinner before the show. The gates open 90 minutes before the screenings, and concessions (including beer and wine) are frequently sold during the shows.
5. First Friday Gallery Walk: First Friday is a self-guided tour of downtown Raleigh’s hotspots. Art galleries, art studios, and museums stay open late to participate every first Friday in the month. Many bars and restaurants downtown often have food and drink specials for the night as well. The event runs from 6-9pm.
If you have any questions about things to do in Raleigh or Cary NC, please contact us!